GlaxoSmithKline Australia (GSK Australia) respects the privacy of visitors to its web sites and is committed to the protection of their personal and sensitive information (which includes health information). This privacy statement explains data collection and use practices of the www.myvaccination.com.au, being mirrored at www.myimmunisation.com.au (each, and together called the "site").
By accessing and using the Site, you agree and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your information, but only as outlined in this Privacy Statement.
Description of the information GSK may collect
1. Personally Identifiable Information
GSK Australia collects personally identifiable information (i.e. information from which you can be identified, such as name, address, telephone number or e-mail address) only when it is asked for and/or you voluntarily submit it to us on this Site.
While you do not have to provide this information a failure to do so may mean that we are unable to provide you with information or services from the Site.
In some instances, the purpose for which this information is collected will be indicated when the information is collected.
As a general policy, and unless indicated otherwise, GSK Australia collects information for one or more of the following purposes (as outlined in the Medicines Australia Privacy Information Sheet):
- Administering disease awareness/management programs or other similar programs organised by the company. Monitoring and reviewing the company's compliance with relevant regulations and codes of conduct in its dealings with you.
- We may use the information to respond to your requests, improve our level of service and the content of our web site; provide you with tips, helpful information, product news and updates; notify you of new GSK Australia products and services; seek your views on our products and services; and for our own internal purposes. However, GSK Australia will only use personal and sensitive information for the purpose for which it was collected or as may otherwise be permitted by law.
However, GSK Australia may use or disclose other personal information about you to the extent:
- indicated to you at the time of supply of the information to us;
- required to provide you with a service or goods which you have requested;
- required for the ordinary operation of our Website or our business (eg. to send you information about our goods and services);
- required by compulsion of law;
- expressly permitted under any agreement with you; or
- to lessen a serious threat to a person's health or safety.
GSK Australia will not use or disclose any information about you for purposes, other than those covered above, without your consent.
2. Non-Personally Identifiable
GSK Australia also collects non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form to track data such as the total number of visits to our web sites, the number of visitors to each page of our web sites, the general geographical areas from where those visitors accessed our web sites and the domain names of our visitors' internet service providers. We use this information, which remains in aggregate form, to understand how our visitors use our web sites so that we may improve them and the services we offer. We may also share this information with other companies within the GlaxoSmithKline group and with other third parties. NO PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED IN THIS PROCESS.
Use of IP Addresses
An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a set of numbers that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you log on to your internet service provider or through your organisation's local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN). Web servers automatically identify your computer by the IP address assigned to it during your session online.
This site uses a technology called "cookies". A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies help provide additional functionality to the Site or help us analyze usage of the Site more accurately. For instance, our server may set a cookie that keeps you from having to enter a password more than once during a visit to the Site. In all cases in which cookies are used, we will not collect personally identifiable information without your explicit permission. The only personally identifiable information GSK Australia collects is the information you voluntarily provide.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web Browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored, if you prefer. Please refer to your Internet Browser's instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of this Site or any other web sites that you visit.
How we protect your personal information
GSK Australia is committed to protecting the security of your personal and sensitive information. GSK Australia uses a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the information you provide to GSK Australia on computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, we make every commercially reasonable effort to prevent such unfortunate occurrences. You also acknowledge that GSK Australia gives no assurance with regards to personal and sensitive information being transmitted by you to GSK Australia. GSK Australia will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the Site being linked to the internet.
Sharing Personally Identifiable Information with Third
GSK Australia will not sell or rent personally identifiable information to any third party for any purpose. Sometimes selected third parties are however used to provide GSK Australia with support services in connection with its web sites and marketing activities and such parties may, from time to time, have access to your personal information to enable them to provide those services to GSK Australia ( except if it is sensitive information or you have not consented to third party access). Please rest assured that all companies providing such support services are required by GSK Australia to meet the same standards of data protection as GSK GSK Australia and are prohibited from using the information for their own marketing purposes.
In certain special cases, we may disclose your personally identifiable information in the following circumstances:
- when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to you, or otherwise injuring or interfering with GSK Australia's rights, property or operations, other users of this site, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; or
- when we believe the law requires it, or in response to any demand by law enforcement authorities in connection with a criminal investigation, or civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case or administrative investigation.
Information collected on the Site may be stored and processed in your country of residence or any other country in which GSK or its affiliates, subcontractors or agents maintain facilities, and by using the Site, you consent to any transfer of information outside of your country of residence. GSK Australia will ensure that if information is transferred outside your country of residence, it will still be treated in accordance with this privacy statement.
Access to your personal information
Links to Other Web Sites
This Site may provide links to other GSK and third party web sites as a service to our users. The privacy statement described here does not apply to those sites. Please ensure you check the legal and privacy statement posted on each site you link to before disclosing your personal or sensitive information on any such site.
We may occasionally update this privacy statement. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. Your continued use of the Site constitutes your agreement to the privacy statement and any updates.
For general information on protecting your privacy, please visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at www.privacy.gov.au.